This might be the most annoying thing to any computer user! When a PC freezes, most users think of all sorts of things and utter all sorts of curse words. Some even tend to tolerate other bad situation like being next to a sick colleague, than to have their PC freeze or crash.
What Most Users Do When Their PC Freezes:
- Hitting the computer;
- Yelling at the computer;
- Sweet-talking the computer into coughing up any lost data;
- Some just resign to the loss of the data
- Very few contact support
Main Reasons Why The PC Freezes:
Let’s answer the questions ‘Why does my computer freeze’?
The reasons why a computer freezes are either hardware or software-related.
- Faulty motherboard
- Faulty or corrupted hard disk drives
- Poor or faulty memory chips;
- Low hard disk space causing virtual memory allocation failure
- Low power or poor regulation from an aged computer
- Overheating of the CPU, motherboard or power-supply unit
- Spyware and/or malware attacks
- Poor or compromised installation of windows Operating System
- Corrupted Windows registry
- Forcing the computer to shut down during a critical system registry disk saving event
- Faulty device drivers, especially video and motherboard chipset drivers
- Left-over device drivers from previous hardware since removed from the computer
Other reasons as to why a computer freezes.
- You have poor ventilation
- You do not have enough memory installed
- Your PC requires disk defragmentation
- You are running too many programs (at once)
- You have compatibility issues
- You have malfunctioning hardware
What to Do When the PC Freezes:
- Run a virus scan
- Uninstall programs you no longer need
- Close some applications
- Defragment your hard disk
- Clean up your registry
- Use the scheduled maintenance tool
- Open your computer’s case and dust it out
- Format your hard disk and reinstall your operating system
- Downgrade to a lower operating system
Treat your PC like you would like to be treated.
Use Glary Utilities for the above-named solutions from one software